- Outdoor Spaces
- Services & Policies
Meeting, Event and Conference Services (MECS) have been working diligently to plan for a safe and gradual resumption of activities for our event attendees and our staff in alignment with guidelines from government and provincial health authorities. From how our team interacts with event attendees, to enhancements to our cleaning and sanitization procedures, to more thoughtful use of our spaces including updated room capacities, we have revised our processes to support the safety of those using our facility and our team. We will continue to adapt processes as necessary, keeping safety top of mind and adhering to public health and WorkSafeBC guidelines.
SFU Meeting and Gathering Guidance
- Indoor organized gatherings 50 people or 50% capacity, whichever is greater
- Outdoor organized gatherings 5,000 people or 50% capacity, whichever is greater
- No capacity limits or restrictions on religious gatherings and worship services
- Fairs, festivals and trade shows return to normal with a communicable disease plan
The Safe Work plan is required for in-person meetings and gatherings organized by MECS.
- This includes seated and non-seated events
- Catering provided to a departmental managed space
- Few external people may be invited to SFU events, so long as it aligns with the event’s safe work plan. In Stage 3, ticketed events are not available to the public. However, a graduate student can invite family members to a thesis presentation. Please continue to consult for requests made in Stage 3.
- When the province moves to Step 4 and SFU moves to Stage 4, we will resume to normal operation of meetings and gatherings
Please download a copy of the Safe Work Plan form, fill out using Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat reader and save it to your computer before sending the form back to MECS.
Forms filled out in-browser will may not save.
Please contact us for more information.