- MECS Virtual
- COVID-19 Safety
- Meeting Services
SFU has been a Fair Trade designated campus since 2012 and is recognized as a leader across Canadian campuses. SFU was named Canada’s first Fair Trade Campus of the Year (2014), the SFU Fair Trade Ambassador program won the SFU President’s Leadership Award in Sustainability in 2019, and work is underway towards earning the Fair Trade Gold campus status.
Fair Trade In MECS:
Fair Trade is integrated in MECS in the following ways:
• MECS will exclusively use Fair Trade certified coffee and tea in its catering for meetings and events held on any SFU campus. This applies to third-party caterers it employs.
• MECS will provide at least one (1) Fair Trade certified sugar option in catering for meetings and events held on any SFU campus. This applies to third-party caterers it employs.
• The use of Fair Trade chocolate, Fair Trade bananas, Fair Trade wines and other Fair Trade products is highly encouraged.
• For SFU signature campus events, Fair Trade chocolate will be used in baking where applicable.
• SFU lunchrooms, offices or lounges that serve SFU-provided coffee and tea shall use fair trade products (coffee, tea and sugar).