- Faculty and Associates
- News and Events
The MPP program prepares students for careers in the public service at the federal, provincial, and municipal levels, as well health authorities, Crown corporations, consultancies and private firms, research institutes, and diverse non-governmental organizations including industry, environmental, and advocacy groups.
Highlights from our most recent alumni survey:
- 38% found their first positions before graduation, with an additional 29% securing work within three months of graduation. Within one year of graduation, 93% of our graduates were working in their fields of interest.
- Specialized training in the School of Public Policy gives our graduates an edge on the job market. 82% of alumni respondents rated the quality of learning through academic coursework as very high or high in terms of how well it prepared them for their professional work.
- 88% of alumni respondents rated the Quality of Instruction in MPP courses as Very Good or Good, and 91% rated Opportunity for Student Collaboration or Teamwork as Very Good or Good.
A few other facts about MPP employment:
- The top five types of organizations employing MPP alumni are: federal government, provincial and territorial governments, not-for-profit organizations, municipal governments, and educational/research institutions.
- 23% of our alumni have pursued further post-secondary or professional development education, including in PhD programs.
- The top six locations where our graduates are now employed are the Metro Vancouver area, Ottawa/Gatineau region, Victoria, Toronto, Yukon and Northwest Territories.