- Faculty and Associates
- News and Events
MPP Grad Student Caucus
The Masters of Public Policy Caucus is the student union for the Graduate Program in the School of Public Policy at SFU. We meet bi-weekly to discuss and plan fundraising, socials, academic enrichment, and other matters concerning MPP students.
Caucus co-chairs for 2019/20 are Lewis Lai and Parsoua Shirzad.
Contact them with your questions or concerns via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
The Caucus is a subunit of the Graduate Student Society (GSS). Each program has a representative on the GSS Council, which works to advocate the interests of graduate students, organize student events, support special grad student activities, cooperate with other student and campus organizations, and provide services such as the Medical and Dental Benefit Plan, a free Legal Clinic and the services of an Ombudsperson.
Past events planned by the Caucus include:
- Orientation Week Boat Cruise for new MPP cohort and faculty
- Annual Internal Public Policy Case Competition in conjunction with the School
- Halloween party
- “Movember” fundraising drives for prostate cancer research, including a “shave-in” to kick start the month, and various events throughout November
- Socials and movie nights
- Annual MPP Vancouver Sun Run team along with post-run brunch
- Caucus also organizes MPP swag, such as MPP casual wear.
MPP Caucus is a great way to meet new friends and to interact with experienced MPP students and the general SFU public at large. Joining the Caucus is easy; an introductory meeting is held every year for the new cohort. Institutional knowledge is passed down throughout the year. Various seats and positions are available to get you involved and to help you pad your resume. Make joining the MPP Caucus your first official act when accepted to the program!