Welcome to the Electron Imaging and Holography Facility
Feb 15, 2017 - EIH Facility Established:
1. What is EIHF?
The Electron Imaging and Holography Facility, housed within the 4D Labs Nanoimaging Facility, operates the original electron microscopes (2003) which have capabilties not available in the newer instruments, including:
- Lorentz imaging of magnetic materials,
- parallel EELS,
- energy filtered TEM,
- in situ electrical probing,
- Electron Holography. Electrons speed up and change their phase while passing through your sample. This information is lost in normal images but retreived using holography. The phase change is proportional to thickness, magnetization, and potential gradients.
- And simpler to learn
2. New Academic Rates:
- Hitachi TEM - No charge
- Tecnai STEM or DB SEM/FIB: $10/hour
- Cap: Maximum of $3000/year per PI (any number of students) training provided