Grant Eligibility

ORS will approve applications only for eligible applicants.

Under the terms of SFU Policy R 10.01, External Research Grants and Contracts, the University will generally administer research grants and contracts only on behalf of faculty members.

However, in some cases research grants may also be applied for and held by certain categories of non faculty members. For example, in some cases, members of non-academic staff who have been given permission by their supervisor and by the appropriate Vice-President to do research may be permitted to hold external research funds in their own name.

Adjunct Professors appointed under Policy A 12.08, Postdoctoral Fellows appointed under Policy R 50.03, or University Research Associates appointed under Policy R 50.01 may apply for and hold research grants administered by the University under certain conditions.

As we are currently revisiting our policies regarding eligibility in order to comply with external policies, please contact the Director, ORS, to discuss eligibility.

Location of Research

If your research is conducted wholly or in part using the facilities of one of the following BC agencies or institutes please circle the acronym of that agency on your Signature Sheet.  

  • BC Cancer Agency (BCCA)
  • Occupational Health and Safety Agency for Healthcare (OHSAH)
  • Child and Family Research Institute (CFRI)
  • Women's Health Research Institute (WHRI)
  • Providence Health Care Research Institute (PHCRI)