Summer 2019 - FNST 101 E100
Introduction to First Nations Studies (3)
Class Number: 4055
Delivery Method: In Person
Introduces the nature and goals of First Nations Studies as an academic discipline that emphasizes cultures and homelands of First Peoples. Breadth-Humanities/Social Sciences.
Department Undergraduate Notes:
- Deferred grades will be given only on the basis of authenticated medical disability.
- Students requiring accommodations as a result of a disability must contact the Centre for Accessible Learning (CAL) at 778-782-3112 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Remember to check the Student Information System (SIS) at the start of the term to reconfirm your classroom location(s).
- All students are expected to read and understand SFU policies with regard to academic honesty and student conduct (S10).
These policies are available at: http://www.sfu.ca/policies/gazette/student.html
Department of First Nations Studies- Contact Info:
General Office: Saywell Hall (SWH) Room 9091. Burnaby Campus. (M-F, 09:00-16:30 Hrs.)
For general information, program information, academic advising (appointment or program check-up; enrollment assistance*): Please email email@example.com.
* Students: When submitting a request or an inquiry, please email from your SFU Mail (@sfu.ca) email and remember to include your SFU Student ID number in your email. Thank you.
SFU’s Academic Integrity web site http://www.sfu.ca/students/academicintegrity.html is filled with information on what is meant by academic dishonesty, where you can find resources to help with your studies and the consequences of cheating. Check out the site for more information and videos that help explain the issues in plain English.
Each student is responsible for his or her conduct as it affects the University community. Academic dishonesty, in whatever form, is ultimately destructive of the values of the University. Furthermore, it is unfair and discouraging to the majority of students who pursue their studies honestly. Scholarly integrity is required of all members of the University. http://www.sfu.ca/policies/gazette/student/s10-01.html
ACADEMIC INTEGRITY: YOUR WORK, YOUR SUCCESS