About Public Affairs and Media Relations
SFU’s Public Affairs and Media Relations office brokers news and information about the university to media and the general public. We produce various publications and provide a range of communications services to faculty and staff.
- Media Releases: a searchable archive of SFU-related press releases
- Issues and Experts: timely announcements, matching experts with current issues
- Directory of Experts: a searchable database of SFU academics and their areas of research and expertise
- Photo Gallery: High-res stock shots from SFU's three campuses
- On the Record: a useful guide for successful interaction with members of the media.
- Media Training Workshops: training sessions aimed to help faculty and senior administrators communicate more effectively with the media.
- Graphic Standards Consultation: information resource on any application of the university brand not covered by the web and print volumes of the graphic standard manuals
- SFU Editorial Style Guide:This editorial style guide is a searchable online reference for Simon Fraser University (SFU) communicators. It describes SFU’s “house style” for writing everything except academic and technical papers.
- Web Strategy: coordination of SFU’s Central Web Presence.
- Web Standards Consultation: advice on implementation and approval of interpretation of the graphic standards for the web.