#areyouSFU Social Media Contest
Thanks for playing!
Stay tuned for the random prize draw!
Want to win some great prizes while being part of an epic virtual scavenger hunt? Well now’s your chance! SFU is kicking off the school year with a social media photo contest and you could be a winner!
The “Are you SFU” contest engages new and returning students, staff and faculty—and anyone else who wants to explore SFU’s campus community. If you participate, you’ll learn about SFU, its history and iconic architecture, along with exploring newer areas of all three campuses. The contest runs throughout the Fall semester for 13 weeks (starting Tuesday, September 3), with a winner announced every Friday. Simply find the contest logo at the secret location and upload it on Twitter or Instagram.
But that’s not all! There will be a random grand prize draw at the end of the semester, so show your SFU spirit and keep taking photos and entering them!
(It’s super easy and fun, just follow these steps)
- Clues will be sent out via SFU’s Facebook page and SFU’s Twitter (@SFU) at 9 a.m. every Monday morning hinting where the appointed location is. For statutory holidays, clues will be sent out on Tuesdays at 9 a.m.
- Once you crack the clue, look for the contest logo (shown above) and snap a photo of yourself, with or without friends at the selected location.
- Then post your pic on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtags: #areyouSFU and #SFUgram.
- Every Friday, the weekly contest closes at 12 noon and the winner will be announced later that afternoon.
- Don’t forget: Be creative! Have fun with your pic and make sure your entry image includes the logo and the two hashtags!