Social Media Training
- Twitter 101
Tuesday, March 25
9 a.m.–12 p.m.
Burnaby Campus, Academic Quadrangle, rm 3145
To put your name on the waitlist please contact Preeya Grewal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register for all sessions online
Audience: SFU faculty, administrators and staff
This course is only available to the SFU community.
This is the workshop for you if you’ve never used Twitter before or you’re just getting started with the popular social-media tool. Members of SFU’s public affairs and media relations team that manages the university’s social-media channels will show you:
- How the university, faculties and departments are using Twitter for communication
- Why you should use Twitter
- How to set up a Twitter account
- Which tools to use to manage your Twitter account
- How to use metrics to your advantage
- Best practices to being successful
The three-hour workshop is held in a computer lab and will be hands-on. Learn how to use Twitter to be a better communicator, share your research with others, or engage with prospective and current students.
- Steve Ray, Manager, Web strategy, SFU Public Affairs and Media Relations (email@example.com)
Registration fee: $50
Payable by cash, cheque (payable to Simon Fraser University) or departmental journal voucher
If you are unable to participate, a substitute is welcome to fill your spot.
If you fail to provide a replacement, full payment is required.