Since January 2008, I am an assistant professor in the School of Interactive Arts and Technology of Simon Fraser University's Faculty of Communication, Arts and Technology. There, I am conducting both a scientific and artistic research agenda (which sometimes overlap).
My scientific research interests are (in decreasing order of generality):
- Cognitives sciences;
- Artificial intelligence, machine learning, artificial life;
- Agents and multi-agent systems;
- Agent communication and dialogue modeling (including automated negotiation and argumentation);
- Cognitive aspects of agent interactions pragmatics (the use of language in context).
I am also involved in contemporary artistic creation (visit the Artistic Works & Publications for more on that matter). In particular, this work involves fields like:
- Metacreation: the development of machines endowed with creative behavior;
- Computer music and improvised music;
- Audio art and media arts;
- Performance and technology.