1F20.30 Tablecloth Pull
Force required to overcome friction.
A tablecloth is laid on a table and a place setting is arranged on top. When the tablecloth is pulled quickly, it slides out from beneath the place setting without disturbing it.
-  Tablecloth
-  Place setting
- Place the tablecloth on a table.
- Arrange a place setting on the tablecloth.
- Practice this demo in advance. Confidence and a smooth, quick motion are required.
- Pull the tablecloth slowly. The place setting will move with the table cloth.
- Recenter the table cloth and place setting on the table.
- Pull the tablecloth out from beneath the place setting in one smooth, quick motion.
- PIRA 1F20.30
- Don't attempt this at home!
If you have any questions about the demos or notes you would like to add to this page, contact Ricky Chu at ricky_chu AT sfu DOT ca.