- News & Events
- Affiliated Programs
- Clean Energy Research Group
- Feminist Mobilization and Economic Empowerment
- NATO Field School
- AQ 6035A
- Honours B.A., University of Alberta
- M.A., University of Toronto
- Ph.D., University of Toronto
Research and Supervision Fields
- Political Theory
- Canadian Political Parties
- Conservative Politics
Public Policy and Democratic Governance
Professor Laycock focuses his research on political ideologies, democratic theory, Canadian party politics, and public policy. His most recent book is Political Ideology in Parties, Policy and Civil Society: Interdisciplinary Insights (2019).
- 2019. Political Ideology in Parties, Policy and Civil Society: Interdisciplinary Insights. Vancouver: UBC Press.
- 2014. Reviving Social Democracy: The Near Death and Surprising Rise of the Federal NDP. Vancouver: UBC Press (edited with Lynda Erickson).
- 2001. The New Right and Democracy in Canada: Understanding Reform and the Canadian Alliance. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
This instructor is currently not teaching any courses.