- News and Events
- NATO Field School
- AQ 6054
- B.A. (Hons), McMaster University
- M.A., McMaster University
- Ph.D., London School of Economics
Research and Supervision Fields
- Local Government
- Comparative Urban Public Policy
Public Policy & Democratic Governance
Patrick Smith is Professor and current Director of the Institute of Governance Studies. His research interests include public policy and administration, local and metropolitan governance, global cities, political parties and elections, electoral reform, local democracy, Canadian and BC Government/Politics, federalism and constitutional reform. He is currently engaged in research on comparative urban and regional/metropolitan governance, subnational (city/province-state) global policy making, Cascadia, aboriginal policy, political parties, voters and recent Canadian elections: federal, provincial, and local.
- 2017. “Vancouver”. In D. Roussopoulos (ed.) The Rise of Cities. Montréal: Black Rose Books.
- 2016. Local Government in Canada: Ninth Edition. Toronto: Nelson (edited with C. Richard Tindal, Susan Tindal and Kennedy Stewart).