SFURA: Fwd: Local food at SFU! The SFU Pocket Farmers Market!

To SFURA members,

I am forwarding to you an announcement from the SFU Local Food Project:

Begin forwarded message:

From: Eugene McCann <emccann@sfu.ca>
Date: August 29, 2008 2:47:36 PM PDT (CA)
Subject: Fwd: Local food at SFU! The SFU Pocket Farmers Market!

An initiative worth your support . . .

SFU Pocket Farmers Market
Wednesdays, 12pm – 5pm
September 10th to October 29th, 2008
Town Square, Burnaby Campus
Next to Cornerstone and the SFU Bus Loop

The SFU Local Food Project is pleased to invite SFU staff,
faculty and students to the first season of the SFU Pocket Farmers Market! Features include fresh, local produce from Fraser Valley farmers, delicious prepared food,community education and more.  Now all we need is you!

What is a Pocket’ farmers market?
Pocket farmers markets
are a new feature in the Lower Mainland and are a huge success in Victoria and on Vancouver Island.
They are typically smaller-sized markets in which produce is purchased directly
from local farmers and then sold on their behalf. This model allows farmers to
sell more of their produce without the added time of attending multiple markets
and enables farmers to do what they love the most… growing food in their
fields!

The SFU Pocket Farmers Market is partnered with the
Coquitlam Farmers Market and is generously funded by Environment Canada, the Centre for Sustainable Community Development, SFU
Services.

For more information about the SFU Pocket Farmers Market or
the SFU Local Food Project, please visit us online at www.sfu.ca/~sustain

If you want to receive weekly market updates and monthly
local food e-newsletters, join our Local Food Listserv by emailing sfulocalfood@gmail.com

See you at the market!

--
Dr. Eugene McCann
Department of Geography

Email:  emccann@sfu.ca
Phone (Direct):  778.782.4599
Phone (Departmental Office):  778.782.3321
Fax:  778.782.5841
http://www.sfu.ca/geography/people/faculty/eugenemccann/index.html