From: Diane Luckow <dluckow@sfu.ca>
Date: April 15, 2009 3:51:51 PM PDT (CA)
Subject: SFU Annual Plant Sale and Auction

Hello,
This weekend sounds like it might be a good one for digging over the garden or transplanting perennials. The SFU Plant Sale Committee is hoping you’ll take a moment to set aside some perennials or some cuttings from your houseplants to share with others at the SFU Community Plant Sale, Wednesday, May 6, 11:00 am - 2:30 pm at the town square adjacent to the Cornerstone building.
You can bring them to the square the morning of the sale or contact Vito Modigliani for assistance at
vito_modigliani@sfu.ca (-24054).

We're also seeking interesting donations for the accompanying silent auction, which runs
April 30-May 7.  Last year's auction included gift baskets, books, plants, garden accessories, paintings, holiday packages and much, much more. Deadline to donate items is April 24. To donate, please contact Silvana Di Tosto, sditosto@sfu.ca or Sofia Janmohamed, ssj@sfu.ca.

Each year in May the SFU Community Plant Sale is the place where SFU gardeners share their horticultural knowledge along with plants from their homes and gardens. The activity raises money for the SFU Campus Community Bursary Endowment Fund, all of it going directly to help our students. The fund is currently at about $330,000, largely from donations from community events such as the plant sale, and has disbursed $68,000 to students in need. The event is completely run by volunteers and there is virtually no overhead.

We'd like to thank everyone who donated plants or auction items or who volunteered last year.  If you would like to get involved in this enjoyable and enriching activity, please contact Vito Modigliani (vito_modigliani@sfu.ca) or 24054.

Thanks for helping us grow SFU's community spirit!

The Plant Sale Committee.
www.sfu.ca/campus-activity/plantsale

Diane Luckow
Co-editor, Simon Fraser University News
Asst. Director, Public Affairs and Media Relations
Simon Fraser University
Room 2208 Strand Hall
8888 University Drive, Burnaby BC, Canada V5A 1S6
Phone: 778.782.3219 Reception: 778.782.3210
Diane Luckow

Need an expert?
Check out our experts' database
http://www.sfu.ca/experts