The deadline has passed and we are no longer accepting new submissions to the competition. See our sample entry page for how an idea will be presented online during the public voting period.
Deadline for submissions: 6 October 2014 | 5pm
They say nothing spurs creativity like a deadline. The deadline for RISE competition entries is 5pm Pacific Daylight Time on the 6th October 2014. Late entries, or entries that are not received due to technical reasons, will not be considered.
We recommend you submit your entry at least 24 hours before the deadline to avoid any last minute headaches.
What to submit
Your online entry to the RISE competition must include the following information:
- Name of your idea
- Minimum of x1 image to illustrate your idea (up to 4 images accepted) for use online
- Up to x4 supporting documents e.g. PDF, Word, PPT, YouTube link, etc.
- Summary of the idea (250 words max.)
- “How it works” description (250 words max.)
- “How communities will adapt and thrive” description (250 words max.)
- Judging day pitch materials (see below)
- All team member names, email addresses, and contact phone numbers
- Name of organization represented (if applicable)
See more information about the judging criteria to make sure your entry gets the highest possible scores from our judges.
Format for Judging day pitch
In addition to entering the information listed above, you must upload at least one of the following:
- Poster (recommended size at least 24 x 36 inch)
- Screen presentation (PPT, PDF, Prezi, video on YouTube or Video, etc.)
- 3D model, illustration, rendering, or other form of visualization
Submitting your entry in one of the formats above is a minimum requirement. But there is no limit on how you could impress the judges. You could submit your idea in more than one format, and are welcome to use a mix of media on judging day so long as your presentation fits within the 5-minute pitch window.
A few helpful reminders
We recommend you review the following checklist before submitting your entry.
- Have you included team member names and contact information on every document upoladed?
- Does your poster meet the specifications? (if applicable, specs coming soon).
- Have you clearly communicated how your idea meets one or more of the judging criteria?
- Are you sure you can attend on exhibition day, 19th October 2014?
- Have you reviewed the competition Rules and Regulations?
SUBMIT YOUR IDEA
You are ready to submit your idea. Congratulations! Please carefully read the notes below and then use the form to submit your idea.
We will send you an email within 48 hours of receiving your entry to confirm receipt. If you experience any issues using the registration form below please contact riseideas at sfu dot ca - we are here to help! Fields marked with * are required, all others are optional.
Important Notes on File Size and using File Transfer Services
Uploading documents via the form below is the primary method for including attachments to your entry. However, if the combined file size for your entry documents is greater than 15Mb, you must use file transfer service such as Dropbox or WeTransfer for your larger files.
We recommend you upload your primary documents via the form up to a total of 15Mb, and then use a file transfer service for any additional documents (e.g. high resolution imagery / visualizations). The form below includes fields to enter the file transfer link.
If using WeTransfer please enter your own email twice in the form they provide. This means you will receive an email with a link to the document. You can then copy and paste this link into the form below.