Racing at WCURCs may seem a daunting prospect for our newly minted Novice Men’s and Women’s crews who will have just finished their Learn To Row programs, but Novice coach Karly Doehring will be working hard to ensure that the teams will be prepared for their very first regatta. The senior team is focusing on their sculling work this semester, and will be sending 1x and 2x boats, as well as a women’s 8+ (with two novices!) to the competition.
WCURCs are taking place at the Fort Langley Rowing and Paddling Centre, which is a mere 45 minute drive from the SFU Burnaby campus. SFU rowers, please carpool and bring your own food and camping chairs. Dress warmly as you may be outdoors for a good portion of the day.
Directions to Fort Langley Rowing and Paddling Centre:
Driving East on HWY 1:
1. Take exit 58 for 200 Street N (left fork) – 700 m
2. Continue onto 200 St N – 200 m (get in the right lane – 88 Ave is the first right off of 200 St)
3. Turn right at 88 Ave E – 6.2 km
4. Turn left at Glover Rd – 1.1 km
5. Turn left at Billy Brown Rd (just past the train tracks) – 66 m
6. Take the 1st right (parking lot may be full of boat trailers, but there is plenty of free parking in the residential neighbourhood)
View Larger Map