Learn To Row!
Learn to Row Program Fall 2015
Are you interested in learning to row? Of course you are!
Most Olympic rowers don’t start rowing until university. Why not join them? Whether you’re looking for a new sport or just a some fun, sign up for the Learn to Row program!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started with Learn to Row.
Each September, the SFU Rowing Club is offers Learn to Row sessions for SFU students, staff and alumni. Aside from being just a fun learning experience, our Learn to Row program also prepares you to join our Novice team and to compete against other university Novice crews at regattas around the province. You will learn to sweep in an 8+ (eight person boat plus coxswain) and become comfortable with rowing on the water!
For more information, or to register in person, drop by our booth during Clubs Days in Convocation Mall between September 9th and 11th. We would love to meet you!
What do I bring to Learn to Row?
1) Athletic clothes that are (preferably) slim fitting! No pockets, hoodies or cargo shorts.
2) Socks! The boat itself has shoes to put your feet in.
3) Sandals or dock shoes for getting in and out of the boat! We leave our shoes on the dock while rowing on the lake.
4) Bring a change of clothes – new rowers tend to splash!
6) Water and a snack.
7) Your Learn to Row fee and waiver form!
Learn to Row sessions take place at the Burnaby Lake Rowing Pavilion (see About for directions). The boathouse there has men’s and women’s change rooms but no lockers, so leave your valuables at home!