Hi fellow students,
A majority opinion on the Museum of Anthropology trip poll now suggests that Saturday, October 29th from 10 AM – 2 PM is the preferred time to make our way down to UBC. Therefore, it seems fair to change the date from the 25th (previously the number one option) to the 29th. To view the poll, visit this link: http://doodle.com/9svpe2zbgm2e2cdt .
Also, please come by Maggie Benston Centre Room 2196 tomorrow, Oct. 25th from 1-2:30 PM for our next meeting, since we are discussing the trip and other tentative items on our agenda:
• Updates from officers on any matters.
• Reflections on SASU contribution to SASS lecture series: what was good, what could be improved, and reimbursing Alia for snacks and refreshments.
• Latin American Studies Student Union (LASSU) and Political Science Student Union (PSSU) proposal for a joint film night involving SASU (November).
• Museum of Anthropology trip: logistics, finalizing numbers, schedule.
• Budget allocation: $350 core funding for the semester, plus some that carried over from last semester.
As the Chair, I would like to hear your opinion on any of these agenda items so that we can address them better at the meeting. Don’t be shy! And if you would like to add your particular item, it is easy to modify the agenda.
One last announcement: the SA student common room is located at AQ 5067 and can be used by all students, unless booked (see schedule posted on the wall outside). If you want to relax, there are several couches and a coffee maker, but only sitting (not lieing down) is allowed on the couches. Finally, SASU would like to wish you a good week.