Our alumni play an integral role in the Faculty of Science. Whether it involves taking part in mentoring and career events, acting as unofficial ambassadors for SFU or taking on co-op students in your workplace, we hope you will stay connected.
Here are some other ways to stay active with the Faculty of Science:
- Keep in touch. Tell us what you’re doing, where you’re working. Whether you pursued a career in science or not, we’d love to hear how you have used your degree. Email your updates to email@example.com
- Engage with us by attending free public events. We have a tremendous public outreach program for families, children and adults. Consider attending Café Scientifique, where you can hear cutting-edge researchers discuss their health-related work, bring the family to Science Spooktacular or Starry Nights or attend our Nobel Prize lecture series and keep up to date in the world of science. A comprehensive list of our public programs can be found here.
- Volunteer to join the Alumni Association’s Board of Directors or help develop alumni groups and events in your city.
- Do you know of an outstanding SFU grad? Every year, the Alumni Association requests nominations for this prestigious award. Winners have included: Olympians, Ambassadors, Diplomats, Researchers, Humanitarians, Scientists, Environmentalists, and more. Nomination details here.
- Contribute to a program that needs financial support. Last year, Faculty of Science alumni generously contributed to Science in Action, the Training for Aboriginal Youth in Biomedical Labs Program and the Melanie O’Neill Undergraduate Research Award. These contributions mean that more students are getting the support that they need to be successful in their education and that fundamental and applied research will enrich our sphere of knowledge. Click here to find out how you can support science at SFU.