The McEwen Family Teacher Recognition Award
The McEwen Family Teacher Recognition Award celebrates three BC public high school teachers in School Districts 35 – 45, who have changed young people’s lives through their dedication to exemplary education in math and sciences.
The grants, valued at $5,000 each, will be awarded to the honorees' school to be spent on school enrichment activities, programs or development.
The honorees will each be permitted, in turn, to nominate any of their former students who have been admitted and enrolled as a first year SFU Science student, to receive the McEwen Family Entrance Award, also worth $5,000 per student.
- Must be nominated by a former student currently enrolled as an undergrad in SFU’s Faculty of Science
- Must be a science or math teacher who taught or teaches in a public BC high school (Grades 8 – 12) in School Districts 35 through to 45 (see list below) and has inspired a passionate love of learning in the field of post-secondary science/math education
- Teacher honoree must nominate a minimum of 3 students for the McEwen Family Entrance Award
- Nominations must be received by the Faculty of Science by January 15th, 2017.
- Click here for the on-line nomination form.
**An honorarium of $250 also goes to the student who nominated the teacher honoree.
Entrance Award nominees:
- Must be nominated by the teachers who won the Teacher Recognition Grant of the same year
- Must be enrolled in their first year of study in SFU’s Faculty of Science
- Nominations must be received by the Faculty of Science by September 30th of each year.
Qualifying School Districts include:
- SD 35 Langley
- SD 36 Surrey
- SD 37 Delta
- SD 38 Richmond
- SD 39 Vancouver
- SD 40 New Westminster
- SD 41 Burnaby
- SD 42 Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows
- SD 43 Coquitlam
- SD 44 North Vancouver
- SD 45 West Vancouver