- The midterm takes place on Friday of Week 10, on Friday March 22, same time as usual lectures, at the start of the class, as announced in the course website.
- It takes place in ROOM B9201 – same room as quizzes #1 and #2.
- The topics included are all we have seen so far until and including the classes on Monday and Wednesday of week #10 but not including lists..
- The focus will be on while loops, functions and concepts and analogous exercises to those seen in the assignments #4 and #5.1, labs week #7,#8 and #9, as well as discussions and examples covering all these concepts in lectures.
- Turtle functions will not be tested
- Flowchart diagrams may be tested
- Additional clarification: Boxes (scope of variables diagrams) (as seen in power point slides 26 and 27) will not be tested on their own in the midterm, however these diagrams may be useful to you to help you analyze code in midterm exercises.The associated examples should also be useful as practice for the midterm exam.
- There maybe fill in the blank style of questions, multiple choice, writing and analysis of code, box diagrams, flowchart diagrams and/ or other variations as well.
- The quiz is done on paper and pencil (or pen)
CRIB or CHEAT SHEET
- You may bring one “crib sheet” or “cheat sheet” to the quiz:
- Up to 3 sides of paper, normal size (approximately letter size)
- you may reuse the crib sheet from the quiz #2 - In that case, you can add one more page. In total you still should have only three sides.
- include anything you think is pertinent
- no photocopies from other student’s cribsheet are allowed
- normal size writing (approximately font 11) (handwritten or printed)
- include your name and student number in the cribsheet ON THE TOP RIGHT CORNER
- you will hand the crib sheet in together with the quiz and it will be returned back to you
Leave a comment below if you have questions