Looking for a way to get involved and make a difference on campus? Run for the SFSS Board of Directors! The Simon Fraser Student Society (SFSS) General Election will be held from Tuesday, March 16 through Thursday, March 18, 2010. The following positions as well as every seat on student forum are now open for nominations:
- Member Services Officer
- External Relations Officer
- University Relations Officer
- Internal Relations Officer
- Faculty Representative for Arts and Social Sciences
- Faculty Representative for Business Administration
- Faculty Representative for Science
- Faculty Representative for Applied Sciences
- Faculty Representative for Health Sciences
- Faculty Representative for Education
- Faculty Representative for Communication, Art and Technology
- Faculty Representative for Environment
- Member-at-large seats (2)
Information on these positions is available online at http://sfss.ca or by contacting the Simon Fraser Student Society.
You are eligible to run if either of these two requirements is met:
1. Student is currently registered in at least one class in that faculty, or
2. Student has declared an Honor/Major/Minor in the faculty.
The nomination period is from Monday, February 8 at 8:00am, through Monday, March 1 at 12:00pm. For more information on the nomination period and process, check out http://elections.sfss.ca.
Note that to be nominated, you must collect signatures from at least 10 members of the student society (or for faculty-specific positions, 10 students in the appropriate faculty).
For more information, check out SFSS’s website at http://sfss.ca.