BASS Banquet, SFU’s largest student-organized networking event, is looking for volunteers this year. This annual event is currently filling out about 25 volunteer positions in various roles.
- Looks great on a résumé!
- A chance to network with industry leaders
- Guaranteed early bird rate of $40 for your ticket
Tasks for volunteers include:
- Setting-up at the Four Seasons Hotel [All]
- Running the Registration Desk 
- Greeting, Directing, and Assisting Guests (Students, Sponsors, VIP) [4-6]
- Running the Silent Auction 
- Running the Audio/Video throughout the night 
- Taking down at the end of the night [All]
If you’re interested, email Brittany Cairns at email@example.com and answer the following three questions in a few short sentences in an attached MS Word document. Please save the file using your name and preferred position in this way: Firstname_Lastname_Position.doc
- What position would you like to apply for? (Registration, Greeting, Silent Auction, A/V)
- Why do you want to volunteer for the event?
- Would you be interested in a greater role, such as Banquet Chair, for next year?
Please note that volunteers are required to be available from approximately 3:30pm to 10:30pm on the night of the event – Thursday, March 18, 2010. This year, the Banquet will take place at the Four Seasons Hotel.
For more information about BASS Banquet, visit the official website or join the Facebook group.
By Kelvin Claveria