All week, you have the opportunity to meet new people, learn more about safe sex and sexuality, test your gaydar and show your talent (or lack thereof).
SFU’s lesbian, bisexual, gay & transgendered collective, Out On Campus, has organized the following exciting events:
Monday, March 15th: Out On Campus goes Out On Campus
11AM-3PM, Convocation Mall, SFU Burnaby
• Join Out On Campus in Convocation Mall as we step out of the lounge and into the open! With some super comfy couches, free cookies and coffee, you’ll have all you need to chill out in the afternoon! Meet some great new people, find out more about Queer Awareness Week and how you can get involved!
Wednesday, March 17th: No Talent Show
6-9PM, Out On Campus lounge (North side of the Rotunda, above the first bus loop), SFU Burnaby
• Come prepared to perform! The After Hours Cafe invites you to an evening of fun, audience-driven performance! Prepare your best (or worst) song, dance, skit, poem, monologue or talent! Everyone is encouraged to perform (multiple performances are great, too!), and there will be food and drinks to keep your performance energy good and high! Free to attend, priceless to see.
Thursday, March 18th: Sex Toy Workshop
12:30-2:30PM, Out On Campus lounge
• Out On Campus is proud to welcome Jennifer, from Libido Events, who will run a Sex-Positivity class for you all. It will be a 201 class, with lots of negotiations, consent, safer sex, toy use, and gender/orientation sensitivity. A great learning experience, and open and free to everyone!
Thursday, March 18th: Guess the Straight Person Panel
4PM, James C. Douglas Study Hall, SFU Burnaby
• You are all encouraged to come out to the annual Guess the Straight Person Panel for Queer Awareness Week! This classic competition gives you the chance to both test your gaydar and win fabulous prizes. There will also be free food and drink for all attendees! Do you have the queer eye?
Friday, March 19th: Bring Your Own Gender Performance Night
Doors at 7PM, Show at 8PM, Highland Pub (SFU Burnaby)
• Drag, burlesque, spoken-word, song and dance performances to entertain, games such as Melon Munching to excite, and lots of prizes to be won! And once the show’s over, get ready to dance the night away! Admission is $3-6 at the door, but no one turned away for lack of funds! Invite all your friends and come join us for a night of gender-bending debauchery!
For more information about Queer Awareness week, visit the official Facebook event page. To learn more about Out On Campus or to get involved, visit the collective’s official website or Facebook page.
By Kelvin Claveria