If you’re one of the many eager Business students looking for volunteer opportunities, the Business Administration Student Society (BASS) currently has four terrific opportunities that might interest you. The details are below – please note that each opportunity has a different deadline and application process.
Business Administration Merchandise (BAM) Chair
BAM is a subcommittee of BASS that is run like a business and specializes in outfitting the business student population with stylish threads. If you are reliable, an effective communicator and a strong marketer and designer, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
- Oversee the operations of the Business Administration Merchandise committee by holding routine meetings and ensuring that BAM is operating productively and selling merchandise
- Envision, develop and implement a long-term strategy for BAM
- Build a strong awareness in the business community through marketing and branding initiatives
- Work closely with VP Marketing and Communications to ensure sufficient communication between the merchandise committee (BAM) and the BASS executive council
- Organize and run committee meetings as well as attend gain input from BASS general meetings on BAM progress
To apply, please see more information from the BBA portal and make sure that your application is in by Friday, MAY 14th @ 11:59pm.
BUZZ Chair or Editor in Chief
The Buzz is an SFU-based magazine, printed by and for SFU business students. The two opportunities available from Buzz right now are perfect for anyone who wishes to gain experience overseeing a publishing process. Both positions also require you to meet tight deadlines.
- Manage, recruit and develop a multifunctional team
- Create and maintain relationships with sponsors directly or through BASS
- Maintain relationship with business clubs
- Work closely with VP Marketing and Communications to ensure sufficient communication between the BUZZ and the BASS executive council
- Oversee the publishing process and ensure things are running smoothly
- Maintain a good relationship with printer and meet deadlines for publishing
- Seek new press opportunities in the community
To apply for either for these positions, please see more information from the BBA portal and make sure that your application is in by Friday, MAY 14th @ 11:59pm.
B3 (Burgers, Beverages, BASS) is an event organized by BASS that aims to get Business students together. As the coordinator for this event, your term runs from June 1 to July 8, and you’ll get to gain a unique management experience. This is a great opportunity to directly apply the knowledge you gain from classes while also building your network.
- Coordinate and communicate with the Director of On-Campus Events to create deadlines for themselves and ensure the event runs smoothly
- Coordinate with VP Marketing and Communications to promote the event to the Business student body and faculty
- Create a budget using constrained funding
- Plan and execute an on-campus barbeque, along with various activities, in a timely manner
- Document all expenditures and decisions for future events.
To apply, get more information from the BBA Portal and get your application in by Wednesday, May 19th@ 11:59pm. (Please note that the original deadline of May 7 was extended.)
As I’ve noted in a previous article, summer is the perfect semester to get involved with student clubs. Don’t let these opportunities come by – apply now and get involved with one of the most exciting student organizations on campus right now! For more information on BASS, check out their Facebook page or follow them on Twitter.
By Kelvin Claveria