If you’re friendly, helpful, and engaging, please consider volunteering. The market needs help with a variety of jobs before, during, and after the weekly market. Volunteers need to be be available for one of the following dates and hours (approximately 3 hours per week):
- 10:00am – 1:00pm on Wednesdays from September 8 – October 27
- 1:00pm – 4:00pm on Wednesdays from September 8 – October 27
- 4:00pm – 7:00pm on Wednesdays from September 8 – October 27
This position offers the following benefits:
- Receive amazing discounts on all Pocket Farmers Market produce, preserves, breads, etc.
- Meet and network with professionals interested in local food issues and sustainable community development
- Strengthen customer service skills and meet new people in a fun environment
- Work outdoors in a dynamic and community-oriented setting
- Experience volunteering with a non-profit organization
- Receive a letter of reference upon completion of internship
Currently in its third season, the SFU Pocket Farmers Market brings fresh and local food to the community. Sure to fuel your hunger for fresh produce, spark some dialogue, and build awareness around local food issues, the pocket market has something for everyone!
Interested? Visit the Coquitlam Farmers Market Website for the application details. Please contact Alaina Thébault, Pocket Market Manager, for any questions. Applications are due on Monday, September 8th 2010.