On Saturday, October 2, come join the festivities and celebrate Homecoming 2010
– SFU’s biggest party of the year! Everyone is invited to this fun-filled event that includes a picnic and barbeque, live entertainment, games, and prizes. And of course, homecoming would not be complete without the requisite football game, which kicks off right after the celebrations.
If you would like to be a part SFU’s first homecoming event, there are plenty of volunteer opportunities available in all different aspects. Positions include:
- Face Painters: Show off your artistic side by creating fun images for children and adults alike.
- Balloon Blow Up Party Committee: Make some pretty balloon bouquets to help brighten up the event.
- Food Kings &Queens (Servers): Take meal tickets and provide all the guests with food.
- Campus Greeting Committee: Welcome all the guests and help them navigate around campus.
- Photographers: Capture all the fun times on camera, and help make this event memorable.
- Poster Palooza Reps: Spread the word about this event by putting up posters all around campus.
- Guest Services Champions: Work the registration table and handle some cash while also helping out the guests.
Go to Symplicity for more information if you’re interested to volunteer. Be sure to act fast because the deadline to apply is September 19. All volunteers will receive a complimentary lunch, SFU alumni swag, and of course the privilege of being part of this inaugural event. So come out and support SFU’s first homecoming event and help make it a success.
By Jaishree Narsih