If you’ve ever wanted to volunteer in a flexible and fun setting, SFU Volunteer Services has the perfect opportunity for you this summer. We’re recruiting new volunteer bloggers for a 6-month commitment.
Here’s what you can expect from the position:
- Ability to volunteer on your own time, in any location
- Training on Volunteer Services philosophy and vision
- Training and experience with online writing
- Get enhanced digital profile from being author
- Contribute to the promotion of volunteerism and civic engagement at SFU
- Senior volunteers have opportunity to mentor new scouts and writers
- Network with other students interested in volunteerism and civic engagement
- Reference letter provided after successful completion of volunteer commitment
And here’s what we ask from you:
- Critical thinking skills to identify relevant stories
- An interest in and knowledge of what’s going on around campus
- Good writing and research skills
- Ability to commit approximately 2-3 hours a week over 6 months
We’re also encouraging graduating students to volunteer as alumni.
Personally, my volunteer work with SFU Volunteer Services has not only improved my writing skills – it also has opened opportunities. The ability to bring stories about volunteerism and civic engagement has been both fun and rewarding. For more information, please check out the article I wrote about the different reasons why you should consider blogging for SFU Volunteer Services.
Interested? Please contact Heather Wiliams at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief email explaining why you are interested in writing for us. More info on Symplicity.