The United Nations University Office at the United Nations, New York (UNU-ONY) recruits Junior Professional Fellows (JPFs) for two sessions each year running from August to January, and February to July. The internship title, “Junior Professional Fellows” reflects the high level of responsibility and opportunity given to those accepted into this program.
Next Application Deadline: November 30th
As a UN agency, the aim of the UNU is to function as a think tank of and for the UN, and to bridge the gap between policy makers and academia. The UNU Office in New York’s areas of responsibility include Events, Marketing, Partnership-Fundraising, Policy Research and work on Latin America.
The UNU-ONY, in its work, liaises with the UN System, the Permanent Missions, academia, NGOs, foundations and the private sector.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced level of English required (spoken and written)
- Ability to work in a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong writing and research skills
- Knowledge of at least two official UN languages desirable (preferably French or Spanish)
- Master’s degree within relevant subjects preferred
For more information, please visit www.ony.unu.edu/internships.