1) Do not eat candies with wrappers that have been opened or with holes.
2) Do not eat candies with discoloration (even if the wrapper is intact) — this could be a sign of poisoning or spoiling.
3) Handle glowsticks with care — ensure that the contents don’t spill to avoid skin irritation.
4) It’ll be dark at night, so make sure you watch for cars (wearing reflective clothing helps).
5) If you are going to consume alcohol that night, make sure you find a safe way home. Do not drink and drive. Any activity that puts lives in jeopardy must be completely avoided.
With these precautions in mind, you’re free to have a fun and safe Halloween!
By Celine Diaz