Goldcorp Centre for the Arts, 149 West Hastings Street
BE PART OF THE 2018 LAUNCH ARTS FESTIVAL
Fri, May 18, 2018 at midnight
Thu-Sat, June 14-16, 2018
Barbara Adler, email@example.com
Application Deadline: Friday, May 18, 2018
Share your vision with us! Apply to be part of a three-day festival showcasing innovative work by local emerging artists. We are looking for works that push conventional boundaries.
This is a paid opportunity, which also includes training sessions and one-on-one support from a mentor working in your chosen artistic discipline. Past industry mentors include Jim Smith, producer of DanceHouse; Dorothy Woodend Doxa Festival, Mina Shum film writer/director, Jay Brazeau -actor, Gary Crystal, co-founder of the Vancouver International Folk Music Festival, among others.
The 5th edition of LAUNCH is co-presented by SFU Woodward's Cultural Programs, 149 Arts Society and SFU School for the Contemporary Arts.
Download the Application Form:
We are accepting applications in the following disciplines:
- Visual Arts, including but not limited to: drawing, painting, photography, collage, mix-media, sculpture, installation.
- Media Arts, New Forms & Interdisciplinary work, including, but not limited to: film, video, sound, experimental or new performance, and interactive media.
- Performing Arts, including but not limited to: music, dance, theatre, spoken word, monologues, excerpts from a full-lenght work, stand-up comedy, puppetry, circus
Please note that based on spatial and scale of complexity, we may not be able to support specific projects. In such instances, curatorial discretion will apply.
A Professional Emerging Artist is someone who:
- Has made a personal commitment to a career in the arts.
- Has a specialized training in the field, though not necessarily in academic institutions.
- Has a history of creation and/or presentation in a professional context, but may not yet be recognized by professional associations.
- Is in need of professional development and exposure to take their career to the next level.
- Original artwork created in the past two years.
- Participating artists must live in the Lower Mainland and be eligible to work in Canada (Canadian Citizen, Landed Immigrant or holder of a valid work permit).
- For performance pieces, the running time should be a maximum of 10 minutes.
- Provide photo or video documentation of the work. For performance and media pieces, video documentation is required. Videos shot with smartphones are accepted.
Please submit your complete application package via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For your application to be considered, it must be received by Friday, May 18th, 2018 at midnight. Please answer all questions clearly and submit all required materials.
Timeline: All applicants will be notified of the final jury decision the week of May 22, 2018.
For more information: Contact Barbara Adler, LAUNCH Festival Coordinator at email@example.com