- News & Events
- Staff & faculty resources
Welcome back SIAT students!
We are looking forward to welcoming our students and community back to campus next week and to ensure a smooth transition back to campus, we have compiled information and resources to make the first weeks on campus enjoyable and safe for our students, faculty, and staff.
COVID-19 information and community guidelines
- Non-medical masks must be worn in all indoor common areas and learning spaces on SFU campuses starting August 25.
- Vaccines are highly recommended for all individuals coming to campus and COVID-19 vaccine clinics will be available at SFU campuses starting August 27 or at a clinic near you.
- Practice careful social contact by limiting the number of sustained close contacts and respecting personal space.
- Stay home when you are sick and get tested.
- Conduct daily screening before coming to campuses.
- Campus access is restricted to students, staff and faculty.
Please see the SFU Return to Campus page for further information.
Welcome Day is for all new undergraduate students starting at SFU this fall. Join us virtually on Tuesday, September 7 at 10:00 am (PT)!
It will be your opportunity to:
- meet classmates, staff and others who will be a part of your new SFU community;
- learn about the community;
- find out more about your program of study, and more!
SIAT Welcome Day Tour
Join us on Tuesday, September 7th from 2:00-3:00pm for our Welcome Day Tour! Your amazing Interactive Arts & Technology Student Union (IATSU) will be showing you around campus to help kick off the Fall 2021 semester. Stop by for a welcome gift and a chance to win a raffle prize.
Date: Tuesday, September 7th
Location: In front of the SIAT office (SRYC 2745)
Information services, parking, food, bookstores and other services are essential to SFU’s day-to-day operations and help make the university a great place to learn, study and work.
Campus services have returned to regular operations while following current health and safety guidelines. See the link below to find out what to expect prior to your return to campus.
Resources & support
TechTeams is our first year mentorship program and an integral part of helping students transition in to SIAT. Our mentors offer weekly workshops that cover different aspects of university life.
We offer online programming support drop-in sessions every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday where students can get programming help from Jeff Ens, a SIAT PhD student and regular TA for IAT courses.
Email or book of phone or video appointment with one of SIAT's advisors to discuss SIAT programs, course options, and major/minor requirements.
Co-operative Education at SFU facilitates student work-experience terms. Find out how to broaden your career options and sharpen your skills as a digital/web designer, animator, user engagement specialist, multimedia consultant, videographer, and leader.
Health & wellness
Book an appointment with a doctor, connect with a counsellor for confidential support and access a wide range of health support.