- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 778.782.7555
- Office: 2826, SFU Surrey Campus
- BASc, Engineering Physics, University of British Columbia
- MSc, Bio-mathematics, North Carolina State University
- PhD, Engineering Science, California Institue of Technology
A Professor Emeritus in the School of Engineering Science at Simon Fraser University and currently with SFU’s School of Interactive Arts and Technology, Dill received his PhD from Caltech. A Director of SFU’s Visual Analytics Research Lab, Dill is a founding member of the Vancouver Institute for Visual Analytics and currently serves on its steering committee. Prior positions include Cornell University and the General Motors Research Laboratories. His current research interests include visual analytics, and information visualization. Dill is a recent member of the IEEE InfoVis and VAST Steering Committees, was co-Chair of VAST 2007, and previously served as EIC of IEEE's Computer Graphics and Applications Editorial Board. He also served on the US National Visualization and Analytics Center's National Research Agenda Panel.
- Visual Analytics: research interests include all aspects of visual anlytics, with emphasis on development of new software tools to address particular application areas, including collections of unstructured text.
- Information Visualization: methods for visualizing information spaces
This instructor is currently not teaching any courses.