Students in the School of Interactive Arts and Technology are required to maintain a minimum 2.40 grade point average in their IAT courses. Students who fall below this continuance requirement will be placed on academic warning in the School of Interactive Arts and Technology. Once a student is on Academic Warning, they will have two semesters to bring their IAT GPA to a 2.40 or higher. Failure to do so will result in removal from the IAT Major or Joint Major program.
Students removed from the IAT Major or Joint Major program will be placed in the Faculty of Communication, Art and Technology Double Minor program. Students wishing to transfer back into the Major or Joint Major programs will need to meet the admission requirements to obtain re-entry.
- Check in with a SIAT Undergraduate Advisor
- Understand how GPA calculation works
- Get help from the SFU Learning Commons
- Ask your instructors what steps you need to take to ensure future success
- Check in with Health and Counselling Services
Understand your dates and deadlines:
- When is the last day to drop a course?
- What is the last day to withdraw from a course?
- What is the Withdrawal Under Extenuating Circumstances Process?