CERTIFICATES OF ATTAINMENT IN GREEK | ELLINOMATHEIA
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Centre for Hellenic Studies at Simon Fraser University of Vancouver, Canada, is the official Examination Centre servicing the greater Vancouver Region and Western Canada for the Centre for the Greek Language of the Ministry of Education, Greece.
Established certificates of attainment in Greek
The Certificate of Attainment in Greek, which was established in November 1998 (Presidential Decree 363/98) by the Ministry of Education, responds to a persisting request of all learners of Greek in Greece and abroad for a state certificate of attainment available at various levels. The CGL, specifically the Division for the Support and Promotion of the Greek Language, has been assigned the exclusive and overall responsibility for the examination procedure through which the certificate of attainment in Greek may be awarded and has been conducting the examinations since 1999.
For more information, see the website of the Centre for the Greek Language: http://www.greeklanguage.gr/certification/node/3
The utility and usability of the Certificate of Attainment in Greek
The Certificate of Attainment in Greek:
• provides any user of Greek with an expert and objective opinion regarding the level of their knowledge and language skills
• serves as proof of the successful candidate's level of attainment in Greek in the work market
• is a requirement for the practice of various professions in Greece
• allows citizens of European Union member states to participate in the examination of the Supreme Council of Personnel Selection (ΑΣΕΠ) for civil service positions (The Supreme Council specifies the required level of certificate in every announcement)
• at Level B2 allows foreigners to register at a Greek institution of higher education, in case they do not have a Greek secondary education certificate (M.R. 152/Β6/1504/30-5-2001 – Official Government Gazette 659 vol.Β΄)
• at Level C2 allows citizens of European Union member states to prove complete knowledge and fluent use of the Greek language and thus be employed in a Greek institution of higher education.
Choosing the appropriate level
Before choosing the appropriate level of examination, candidates may consult either their teacher, who should know the level of Greek taught and each candidate's abilities and the samples and all relevant material uploaded on the respective website of the CGL. Please see http://www.greek-language.gr/greekLang/certification/index.html.
For sample test, please see: http://www.greeklanguage.gr/certification/node/12.
For more, please contact Dionysios Arkadianos, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please check the following document for more details.
Call of Interest
Examination Dates and Fees
To obtain more information, call 778.782.9843 or email email@example.com