- Transfer Students
- Student Union
- What can you do with a sociology or anthropology degree?
- MA Programs
- PhD Programs
Graduate Studies Guide
- General Information
- MA in Sociology or Anthropology
- PhD in Sociology or Anthropology
- Committee Composition, Supervision and Choice of Topic
- Progress Reports
- Course Grade Appeals
- Graduate Student Offices, Computer Lab and Meeting Spaces
- Leaves and Withdrawals
- Applications for Program Extension
- Graduate Student Association
- Current Graduate Students
- News & Events
Graduate Student Emergency Fund
The Department of Sociology and Anthropology has established an Emergency Fund to assist graduate students who are experiencing a financial crisis as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
SA graduate students may request one-time assistance of up to $1000 to help meet emergency personal or academic needs.
Funds are limited, and we may not be able to fund every request.
Applicants will be prioritized as follows:
1. 1st year MA and PhD students without a TA/TM appointment for Summer 2020
2. International students
3. Students who are defending their thesis during Summer or Fall 2020
4. Other students enrolled during Summer 2020
5. All other SA graduate students
NOTE: All enrolled students seeking this emergency support must also apply to SFU’s Urgent Response Fund.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY APRIL 24, 2020