- Transfer Students
- Student Union
- What can you do with a sociology or anthropology degree?
- MA Programs
- PhD Programs
- Graduate Studies Guide
- General Information
- MA in Sociology or Anthropology
- PhD in Sociology or Anthropology
- Committee Composition, Supervision and Choice of Topic
- Progress Reports
- Course Grade Appeals
- Graduate Student Offices, Computer Lab and Meeting Spaces
- Leaves and Withdrawals
- Applications for Program Extension
- Graduate Student Association
- Current Graduate Students
- News & Events
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Travel Award
At least one award, valued at a minimum of $1,000, will be granted annually in any term to an undergraduate student who meets the following criteria:
- enrolled full-time in the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences in the term of eligibility;
- in good academic standing; and
- is undertaking a practicum, exchange, research or field school for the purposes of research related to their studies at SFU .
In addition, all students must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 at SFU and be in good academic standing. In the case the student is a first term or transfer student he/she must possess an equivalent secondary school or college standing.
- Registration in a minimum of 9 units of standard graded courses in the term of eligibility.
Applications should be submitted to the office of the Dean, Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences, and must include:
- a resume;
- a statement (no more than one page) describing the relevance of the program/field school to the student's academic program and goal; and
- two letters of reference from Simon Fraser University faculty.
Consideration will be given to the applicant's GPA, the importance of the program/field school to the student's program of study, and the letters of reference. The award is not available for conference attendance.
The award will be granted by the Senate Undergraduate Awards Adjudication Committee upon the recommendation of the Associate Dean, Undergraduate Academic Programs & Enrolment Management, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.