REEL 75 [DAT C33]
WINNIPEG, MANITOBA Nov. 9, 1973
[ID 1 0:35]
1. DIRECTIONS TO POST OFFICE 0'55"
[ID 2 1:30]
2. BANK OF MONTREAL CHIMES 3'45"
Nov. 10, 1973
B [ID 3 5:27]3. APARTMENT BUILDING, corridor ambience 2'45"
[ID 4 8:22]
4. APARTMENT BUILDING, inside apartment 1'30"
PORTAGE LA PRAIRIE, MANITOBA
[ID 5 10:00]5. POWER STATION HUM 5'25"
[false take, 25"]
[ID 6 15:58]
6. TOWN AMBIENCE 4'55"
[ID 7 21:00]
7. INQUIRIES ABOUT BELLS 2'20"
[ID 8 23:32]
8. LARRY MARTINEAU PLAYING CLASSICAL GUITAR 21'00"
REEL 75 COMMENTARY1. Recordist shouting over loud traffic to get somebody's attention. Asking two men.
2. These bells are recorded bells (recorded at Westminster Abbey), played back through four speakers positioned on the roof. They start ringing at 1'55", for the 6 p.m. ring. General urban roar, traffic ambience throughout.
3. Ambience in corridor at 11:40 p.m. Starts with music, then children's voices. Radio off (1'15"), children's voices closer, radio quieter in background. This is a very reverberant hallway.
4. Inside apartment. Kitchen, washing dishes, child crying at beginning.
5. Foreground hum and traffic ambience in background. Train whistle in distance (0'40") and low frequency throb from train engine appears right after and stays. Birds singing throughout in middleground. Generally pretty obnoxious ambience, hum is very penetrating.
6. Distant traffic and wind in some trees, the occasional bird. Generally fairly quiet except for muscle car (1'00"), a few cars passing. Faint train whistle (1'10"). Big rumbling noise when microphones get transferred to opposite side of car (1'55"). More birds here. Car toots (4'00", 4'35").
7. Asking about the bells at the Ukrainian Catholic Church of the Assumption.
8. He is playing the following pieces: Prelude by J.S. Bach; Bourée by J.S. Bach; Spanish Ballad; Allemande by Robert de Visée; Bourée by Robert de Visée; Prelude by Robert de Visée; Etude in C by Fernando Sor; Canary Jig by Fernando Sor; Mood for a ?? (see log sheet); Minuet in d-minor by Robert de Visée; Improvisation: A Maj. -D Min. -E Maj. -A Maj. -E Maj. -A Maj. Gígue by Robert de Visée.