REEL 18 [DAT 9]
Bissingen, Germany March 4/75
[ID 20 46:28]
1. FOUNTAINS ON UNTERE STRASSE, cont'd from reel 17, walk from Gasthaus Adler to Gasthaus Hirsch
mark * very clear, gurgly water sound [52:25]
mark * somebody screams (joockooo) [53:30]
B [ID 21 53:57]
2. Church Bells, ringing 12 midnight
3a. (false start)
[ID 22 1:00:19]
3. FM - RADIO, in dining room of Gasthaus Adler.
[ID 23 1:01:58]
4. SHEEP EATING AND BLEATING, inside a barn
mark * sheep bleating, very funny! [1:04:08]
5a. (false take)
[ID 24 1:10:09]
5. FARMER'S DIALECT
E [ID 25 1:11:53]
6. AMBIENCE OUTSIDE GASTHAUS ADLER, 6 am with church bells ringing
[ID 26 1:16:07]
7. AMBIENCE OUTSIDE GASTHAUS ADLER, 7 am, kids going to school.
[ID 27 1:20:29]
8. MILK CARTS AND CANS on Mittlere Strasse, at 7:20 am
mark * cans clanking, milk delivery along the road. [1:20:53]
[ID 28 1:23:02]
9. AMBIENCE, MITTLERE STRASSE, with milk cans rattling in background
[ID 29 1:27:01]
10. TRACTOR IDLING, FARMERS TALKING, alley back of Gasthaus Adler, (8 am)
F [ID 30 1:28:26]
11. CHURCH BELLS, noon
[ID 31 1:31:13]
12. " " 1 pm.
1. Very quiet ambience level, footsteps start and stop, they also reverberate slightly in the street. Take includes stops at street grates covering brook (see mark 1).
2. Begins and ends with extremely quiet ambience. 12 midnight: high bell rings 4 times, signaling the hour; middle and lowest bell each ringing 12 times.
3. Take begins with commercials, followed by Moozak in German (station resembles CHQM in Vancouver).
4. Sheep bah- noises very close and comical in association.
5. Recordist attempting to get farmer's dialect, gets very little.
6. Clear, quiet ambience, no birds, little traffic.
7. An hour later: many birds singing, more traffic and kids' voices, church bells ringing time.
8. Milk cans clanking, a cart with two cans.
9. Some traffic, footsteps and greetings as people walk down street, birds, milk cans in distance.
10. Bells ringing 8 am. behind idling tractor.
11. Beginning of bells missed. Cars passing throughout ring. Good end of ring.
12. Three bell peel, incomplete: neither beginning nor end.