REEL 21 [DAT 11]
Salzburg, Austria March 16/75
A [ID 1 0:16]
1. SALZBURG CATHEDRAL BELLS
mark * Carillon adjacent Mozartplatz (7 am). [0:51]
mark * Cathedral bell (preceded and followed by other church bells. Mark begins entire sequence). [2:50]
mark * Cathedral bells ringing mass. [6:50]
B [ID 2 15:12]
2. VENTILATOR NOISE, at site of preceding recording. Close up recording (2 min.).
C [ID 3 16:43]
3. CATHEDRAL BELLS from hotel window, 100 - 200 metros distance (9 am ).
D [ID 4 20:29]
4. CATHEDRAL BELLS from Domplatz (11 am).
mark * jet passes overhead. [20:45]
mark * cathedral bells ringing time, preceded by other nearby bells. [26:37]
1. Good sequence, no nearby traffic until very end of take, pigeons cooing strongly after bells end.
2. This sound was, at about 2.5 metres from the microphones, part of the keynote context of the previous recording.
3. At this distance the bells have a sustained chordal effect.
4. Note low frequency content of jet noise, also distant traffic produces low frequency rumble underneath general people and pigeon ambience.