REEL 22 [DAT 11]
Salzburg, Austria March 16/75
[ID 5 30:42]
1. SUNDAY CHURCH BELLS from Hohensalzburg Fortress, ringing time (11 am).
mark * siren in midst of bells. [34:48]
mark * jet noise, siren continuing intermittently. [35:40]
B [ID 6 52:49]
2. VENTILATOR NOISE at entrance to Hohensalzburg Fortress.
C [ID 7 53:49]
3. SUNDAY CHURCH BELLS (CATHEDRAL) from Domplatz (noon) amidst ambience of footsteps, beginning with smaller bells.
mark * child passing by, imitating sound of nearby bell, followed by cathedral bell ringing noon. [55:05]
mark * more bells. [59:08]
Spittal Am Semmering, Austria March 17/75
D [ID 8 1:02:07]
4. DINNER TABLE SINGING IN ROADSIDE GUESTHOUSE (sp am sem.).
1. Generally uninteresting, constant roar from city traffic.
2. This is the first sound heard upon arrival at fortress.
3. Good footstep ambience, isolated voices of passers-by. Note threshold shift when bells end. A good sequence of bells in context.
4. Preceded by recordist noises, walking into the restaurant and setting up machine on bench. Note transitions from song to conversation, back into song, and back and forth and etc..