REEL 27 [DAT 14]
Salzburg, Austria March 22/75
A [ID 1 0:33]
1. 6 PM ANGELUS, from Hohensalzburg Fortress (complements take 3 on this tape).
B [ID 2 12:52]
2. ST. PETER'S CHURCH BELLS (8:30 am)
mark * bells begin ringing [16:13]
C [ID 3 22:34]
3. (March 22) 6 PM ANGELUS, from St. Peter's cemetery.
mark * bells begin ringing [30:38]
[ID 4 35:33]
4. CHURCH BELLS, from St. Peter's cemetery (6:45 pm) (complements Reel 26,take 6)
mark * gatekeeper approaching, keys a-jingle. [43:52]
1. Good sequence; many church bells chiming from different quarters of the city. Recorded inside a corner turret - rustling leaf in extreme foreground, on floor of turret, birds singing nearby.
2. Incomplete sequence (tape ran out toward end of ring). Preceded by good, clear birdsong ambience. Recordist follows gatekeeper to end of take.
3. Extremely quiet ambience.
4. Clear bird ambience. Birds can be heard throughout ring (one bell).