REEL 4 [DAT 2]
Stockholm, Sweden Feb.14/75
A [ID 14 46:48]
1. CHURCH BELLS & AMBIENCE in the old town of Stockholm (Gamla Stan).
mark * both rings (distant and close) with Swedish speaking people passing. [49:45]
B [ID 15 54:41]
2. JACOB'S CHURCH, with distant traffic ambience and the occasional car passing close by.
mark * ringing time,followed by single deep bell. [58:32]
C [ID 16 1:08:41]
3. STORKYRKAN, a church in Gamla Stan (Sun.Feb.16), 11 o'clock ring. Entry into church.
mark * organ starting service, followed by chorale. [1:15:29]
[ID 17 1:22:55]
4. INSIDE STORKYRKAN, continuation of service.
mark * unison singing by congregation. [1:23:28]
[ID 18 1:26:48]
5. INSIDE STORKYRKAN, CONTINUATION OF SERVICE
[ID 19 1:28:30]
6. " " " " "
[ID 20 1:30:21]
7. " " " " "
1. Rather uncharacteristic, loud introduction (truck driving by), compared to what follows after: quiet ambience of Gamla Stan (no traffic allowed). A footstep symphony. The bells in this take are ringing time only. A clear reverberant car horn after bells.
2. Clock and bell of Jacob's church preceded by another distant bell.
3. Swearing and strong wind on mics at beginning. Entry into church: nice change of ambience. Long reverb time inside church; words of (female) priest hard to distinguish.
4. Unison singing.
5. begins with a chorale and solo singing.
6. Female priest and congregation sing.
7. Congregation praying in unison; choir toward end.