REEL 46 [DAT 23]
Cembra, Italy April 2/75
[ID 14 43:41]
1. INTERVIEW WITH OLD MAN ABOUT POST HORNS
mark * discussing the arrangements for the game which follows. [54:42]
B [ID 15 57:49]
2. GAME OF MORRA (2 games) - illegal number-calling game in Albergo dining room.
C [ID 16 1:06:58]
3. DOGS (2) BARKING, outside priest's house.
D [ID 17 1:08:16]
4. SMALL BOY RECITING POEMS at the home of a villager (brother of the priest who interrupted on take 1)
mark * beginning of recitation [1:10:00]
E [ID 18 1:15:21]
5. BOY PLAYING TRUMPET
[ID 19 1:18:36]
mark * B.D. playing trumpet [1:18:36]
1. Left channel distorting. A very, very old man! Before mark, a jumble of Italian male voices. Very dense and loud.
2. This game is not as loud and boisterous as in real life. The priest was there, telling them not to blaspheme! - The players sit opposite each other at a table and with the fingers of their right hand indicate (2 at a time) a number value, while calling out what they think the sum of the two values will be each time. The game proceeds rhythmically, at about one beat per second. When a player makes a wrong call, another player replaces him.
3. One dog is very asthmatic.
4. Preceded by table talk, note sound of wine being poured during first poem. Followed by more table talk, wine and a toast.
5. After band practice; a few players lingered on and performed a few tunes for us.