REEL 55 [DAT 28]
Lesconil, France April 17/75
A [ID 3 45:59]1. DAWN CHORUS, cont'd from reel 54.mark * truck passing, followed by another one. [50:44]
B [ID 4 1:09:03]2. CATHOLIC CHURCH BELLS, single bell ring.
2a,b,c, (false takes)
[ID 5 1:12:53]
3. CATHOLIC CHURCH BELLS, Angelus.
[ID 6 1:16:02]
4. " " " 3 bells.mark * bells begin. [1:16:14]
Photo 116, Photo 219, Photo 220[ID 7 1:23:33]5. SONG SUNG in back room of Ty An Aod (bar in Lesconil)("Le Pardon de Saint Anne d'Auray")
[ID 8 1:27:02]
6. ANOTHER SONG: "Trois Marins Partit a Terre Neuve"
COMMENTARY1. Note distinct drop in activity towards last 5 minutes of the section.
2. Beginning marred by talk and van door slamming.
3. One lower clock bell - - - - - - - - - then higher single bell (Angelus) ringing.
4.note tritone in subtone of lower bell.
at beginning: lowest bell (b) starts, then middle (c), then highest; at end lowest stops first, then highest, middle rings last. Then: all three bells ring in this pattern:
First ring indicates to villages that this following sequence - funeral bells - is a demonstrational ring, not for real.
5. Songs sung by Mme. Divanch, mother of bartender, ca. 65 years old.