REEL 7 [DAT 4]
Skruv, Sweden Feb.19/75
A [ID 1 0:17]
1. WOODS NEAR BREWERY, BY STREAM
[ID 2 5:44]
2. FIRE, BURNING OF OLD POP CASES
[ID 3 7:26]
3. BROKEN GLASS, BREWERY
mark * broken glass [7:34]
[ID 4 8:01]
4. QUIET AMBIENCE, WEST OF BREWERY
mark * Brewery whistle [11:43]
[ID 5 15:17]
5. OUTSIDE LUMBERYARD, A SHORT CONVERSATION
B [ID 6 15:59]
6. ENTERING HOTEL, CONVERSATION: SOUNDSCAPERS - ORGANIST
[ID 7 19:23]
7. A WALK FROM THE HOTEL TO THE STATION ALONG STORGATAN
mark * excited birds [21:23]
C [ID 8 22:45]
8. RAILWAY STATION
mark * small train coming in (see commentary) [26:50]
D [ID 9 35:02]
9. STORGATAN, EXCITED BIRDS
10a. (false start)
[ID 10 37:04]
10b. SOUNDWALK BREWERY TO STATION
mark * start of walk [37:55]
1. Very low level recording; quiet gurgle of creek, distant street and brewery ambience. Train bell, train whistle, train passes in distance; siren from Glassworks simultaneously.
3. Very short take.
4. Steam whistle sounds asthmatic, funny! Shortly after whistle a moped passing.
6. Conversation between an organist and soundscapers. Organist tells story of a church ringing scheduled the next day, 2 p.m. (see Reel 8 take 5) for a funeral in another town; the deceased was a former Skruv resident. Footsteps on wooden stairs in background; room ambience extremely quiet; squeaking floorboard.
7. A Soundwalk with footsteps of recordist. Street ambience sometimes very quiet, cars passing only occasionally.
8. A sequence: small train stopping, people walking by, talking; a bell sound, the bop-bop-bop train motor, motor stops, banging of door; extremely quiet ambience; somebody whistling lightly; motorbike starting, driving away; big train passing through, blowing whistle small train starting off, leaving car horn. Good sequence.
9. Very short take.
10b. Footsteps accompany almost continuously, stopping only once in a while: good effect throughout most of the walk; a high pitch audible -source must be some motor.