REEL 82 [DAT 37]
London, England June 4/75
A 1-6. LONDON EMERGENCY WARNING SIGNALS
[ID 36 1:29:59]
1. Fiamm fire truck horn (M2), followed by hand bell.
[ID 37 1:30:53]
2. Fiamm ambulance horn (M2).
[ID 38 1:31:03]
3. Bedford/Siemens electric ambulance bell, older Siemens ambulance bell, old Windworth ambulance bell.
[ID 39 1:31:21]
4. Police carhorn passing on street (Doppler shift).
[ID 40 1:31:58]
5. Fiamm Police horn.
[ID 41 1:32:15]
6. Police bell.
B [ID 42 1:32:34] & [ID 43 1:44:38]
7-8. RUSH HOUR AT LIVERPOOL STATION, ambience of many trains doors closing and opening, announcements on the P.A., squeaks and puffs from trains, footsteps.
mark * begin take 8 [1:44:38]
4. Good example of increased loudness causing apparent rise in pitch. Spectrum brightens as well, as the vehicle approaches.
7-8. Note the hollow click-on sound of the P.A. system preceding each announcement. Ambience consists of door slamming, announcements on P.A. system, footsteps, honks of baggage cash, whistles, puffs and squeaks and a hardly perceivable hum from trains. Arrivals and departures are amazingly quiet, except punctuated by a density of footsteps and door slams. Interesting ambience in places.