REEL 9 [DAT 5]
Skruv, Sweden Feb.21/75
A [ID 1 0:17]
1. INTERVIEW & ENGRAVING AT MR. BOHMAN'S
[ID 2 8:53]
2. DESCRIPTION OF MACHINE/ WALKING INTO HOUSE
mark * big door opening, nice change of ambience. [11:52]
3a. false start
B [ID 3 14:33]
3b. DESCRIPTION OF ENGRAVING PROCESS
[ID 4 23:28]
4. INTERVIEW CONTINUES
mark * old clock chiming, bird in background. [31:20]
C [ID 5 32:22]
5. ICA FOOD STORE, AMBIENCE
[ID 6 37:22]
6. BANK, AMBIENCE
[ID 7 41:39]
7. KONSUM, AMBIENCE (food store)
D [ID 8 43:38]
8. CREEK IN THE CORNER OF TOWN
1. History of glass engraving. Mrs. Bohman translates, thus lots of interchange from Swedish to English. Sound of engraving glass touching the wheel, constant change in texture.
2. Sometimes not clear what they are talking about (unless you understand Swedish). Walk between workshop and house with doors opening and closing and changing ambiences. Inside house a bird, and talk about a nice old clock (can't hear the ticking though).
3. Lots of Swedish, Mrs. Bohman translates some of it. Bird sings in background.
4. Some comments on the sound of engraving. Clock chimes 12 o'clock, ticking and bird singing in background.
5. Ambience very quiet, other sounds: cash register with two different bells, Swedish speaking, and packing.
6. Voices very reverberant here. Otherwise quiet ambience Walking outside: traffic, bottles, truck taking off (good sound).
7. More active ambience, cash register not half as nice as ICA. Walking outside: birds, bike with squeak.
8. Full sound along with town ambience; loud, clear truck horn in passing. Moped passing. Clear, high bird singing.